Dog License Information
A dog license may be obtained in the City Clerk's office. The fee is $15.00 for a neutered or spayed dog and $20.00 for a male or female dog.
- Dog license request form (.pdf)
- Every dog 3 months old or older must be licensed.
- A current rabies certificate must be provided unless an updated certificate is on file in the City Clerk's office.
- All outstanding dog fees must be paid before a dog can be relicensed.
- Leash Law - No dog is permitted to run 'at large' at any time.
- There is a fine for impoundment of dogs when picked up 'at large.'
- Licenses are valid from April 1 to March 31 each year and you have until May 31 to renew before fines are incurred.
- Pollution prevention of Pet Waste
|Dogs Licensed after May 31st||$10.00|
|Dogs Licensed after June 30th||$15.00|
|Dogs Licensed after July 31st||$25.00|
Copies of the Dog Ordinances are available in the City Clerk's office.