AN OWNER HAS 10 DAYS TO CLAIM A PET FROM THE CITY SHELTER! ANIMALS FOUND IN THE CITY ARE HELD FOR 10 DAYS BEFORE THEY ARE PASSED ON TO A RESCUE OR PUT UP FOR ADOPTION!
- Report missing pets to your Animal Control Office (they may have already been found!) (978)374-2415
- Ask around- Neighbors, Mail Carrier, Paper Deliverer
- Check under porches, sheds, garages
- Check and Post in the local Papers or on pet finder websites
- Put up Lost Posters in your neighborhood.
- Having a picture and a good description of your pet is always helpful to have.
- Be careful with animals you do not know, we do not suggest you approach any animal that looks sick, hurt or overly scared, call the police if the situation becomes an emergency.
- Report found Dogs to your Animal Control Office ASAP (someone may have already reported it missing!) (978)374-2415
- If you can not contact an officer ask around to see if the animal lives in your neighborhood.
- If you feel comfortable, check the dogs collar for tags.